Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Put it in your ears: 1/26


This week's picks focus on the other side of the spectrum: country.

I like country music, but not the kind you may be thinking of. I don't like the McGraws, the Tritts, the Brookses and the Dunns. That stuff is crap. I favor real country music.

I'm talking real country.

Check these out, when you get a chance:

Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town - Kenny Rogers
Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash
Bloody Mary Morning - Willie Nelson
Restless - Alison Krauss and Union Station
Big Country - Bela Fleck & the Flecktones

So what do you think? Where do your country loyalties lie? I personally stay away from anyone named Travis or Clint, but that's just me...

Put it in your ears!

2 comments:

Ross said...

The songs you listed are blue grass or folk, not country.

Adam said...

That's your opinion.